View Single Post
Old 26 November 2015, 12:13   #73
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
If anybody knows what this adapter should be like I am interested, I am tired of having a Megadrive pad but never being able to use 2 buttons on games that support them.
Here's an adaptor I designed to protect the Amiga and C64 from possible damage due to the MD controller stressing internal components:

It locks the MD pad in 2 button mode, so only buttons B and C will work (as Amiga buttons 2 and 1 respectively). Buttons A and Start won't do anything. For Flashback etc., Pin 5 on the Amiga side would have to be connected to pin 7 on the Megadrive pad side, and pin 7 from the Amiga would be disconnected from pin 7 on the Megadrive side. This will let the Amiga choose which bank of buttons to check, though I don't know off hand if this will let the pad work for games that don't support Megadrive pads as switching the banks of buttons also messes with the D pad.

I would also add a 1K resistor to the pin 5 line at the Megadrive pad side to protect against the unusual scenario of using a 3-button Amiga mouse through this adaptor - this would cause a 5V short without the resistor, though why anyone would connect it like that is anyone's guess...

The C64 is far more likely to be damaged by a MD pad than the Amiga, so the diodes are possibly overkill if you're only ever using it on an Amiga.

As for games with multiple button support, F1GP supports 2 buttons on an analogue stick for gear changes - not sure about a digital stick though.

Last edited by Daedalus; 26 November 2015 at 12:28. Reason: Extra info...

Page generated in 0.08999 seconds with 11 queries