View Single Post
Old 17 January 2020, 15:55   #1
mcgeezer

Playing a long running sample...

I have (currently) a 2 minute sound byte that I to sample and convert to be played as part of a scene on the A1200.

Now using this site https://www.colincrawley.com/audio-f...ze-calculator/
i have put in a sample rate of 22Khz, 8 bit depth and 1 mono channel and the file size uncompressed comes out at 2.64mb.

Ideally I have about 750Kb available to the sample so I'm looking at the best ways that I can get it to play on the Amiga.

As I know absolutely nothing about Paula I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to achieve this... my understanding is that Paula will only play a sample of upto 64kb in size.

The first obstacle would be compressing the 2.64mb of data so I was going to slice it up into 64kb packed buckets. About half the clip would be loaded and uncrunched in chip ram, once the first samples start playing I can then stream in the from floppy the remaining buckets and play those.

Is this the right way to go about this or is there a simpler way? If needed I could lower the quality but i'd like to keep it as clear as possible because it is speech over music so clearer the better.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Geezer

Page generated in 0.04305 seconds with 11 queries