View Single Post
Old 05 September 2016, 15:10   #20
TroyWilkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
I allways felt just fine with the look & feel of the workbench; but a real designer could have made some tiny changes/additions to attract more people on using the amiga.
One thing for sure they should have changed, a standard filerequester

about "Kickstart 1" : generally spoken - this you can find in your texts - but,
if you look into other documents/websites, they allways write "Kickstart 1.0" or "Kickstart 2.x".
Agreed on the first part. Regarding file requesters, Gadtools in Kickstart 2 onwards was certainly a step in the right direction, but far far too late, particularly as by then, other libraries had gained acceptance and use. I see it much like the Android fragmentation problem, if you're coding for Android devices, do you use some of the features that are only in say Android 6 and 7 and thus won't work on the majority of Android devices, or do you go with an older feature set that means it should work on something like 99% of all Android devices?

And yeah, while the standard icons were serviceable, they certainly left plenty of room for improvement, and a good graphic artist could have made a world of difference there I think.

On the second, I'll have to have a look and consider changing it to 1.x, or perhaps a more general "1st generation of kickstart versions" or something. I think for the most part, I've tried to stick to the general naming of kickstart 1.0/1.1/1.2/1.3/2.0/3.0/3.1 but I will have a good look and try to make it 100% consistant, thanks for the feedback!

Page generated in 0.04083 seconds with 11 queries