Thread: Plasma
View Single Post
Old 23 April 2009, 10:15   #28
Asman

Hi pmc, I checked you source and I found the reason(s).

1) When you filled in plasma_copper you forget to add 4 words ( because you add at end dc.w wait_mask,$fffe,$0180,$0000 but you forget allocate that 4 words! ). Without 4 words you overwrite copper int trigger and your int shouldn't run ( but in fact run one time - so amiga did that - because your takeOs routine didn't stop the ints ).

2) Your blitter routine is strange and complicate for me. Why don't you use simple blitter copy ( D = A ). I think that is better ( and faster ) if you just copy one large block of colours into plasma copper, isn't ?

Other things ( most non important ).

a) I prefer one type of comments and the winer is ;
b) I prefer include hardware/custom.i + _custom equ $dff000 instead of the lists of equates.
c) I think that better is separate routines for TakeOs and RestoreOs ( just make two routines ). And I think that much better is to store them in separate file ( like startup.i or startup.asm ). In future you can easy use and improve that routines.
d) If you want use ints then first you must disable, set int vector and enable ints, you can't just load int vector. Please improve TakeOs and RestoreOs or if you want I will sent to you mine.

If something is not clear or wrong then please inform me.

Regards

Page generated in 0.04298 seconds with 11 queries