View Single Post
Old 13 March 2018, 19:46   #9
Capeview

Hi MigaTech, can't get any menus with the BPPC card installed. I can with my Blizzard 060 though no problem such as the Kickstart boot menu.

I was thinking memory module could be an issue but having tried the one from my 060 board it still doesn't work and I know that Module works.. Can't test other module as it's too big for my 060 as it's double sided.

As for remembering what I set anything to last time, it was ten years or more ago. Probably when I first got it closer to 20 maybe. lol

I will try an old PC power supply if I've got one around that looks good just to see if it is that. Will either have to butcher a PC or try my new PSU from my new machine. Don't really fancy doing that. They will probably be a lot newer and better to run. Not sure my current PC PSU will be any good though as I think its a Corsair 750W unit. But it's one of there good models with control systems and all the other stuff they bung in them now. So who knows??
Could be why another guy who mentioned about the 500W unit he tried not working. I read somewhere that over kill on the Watts can actually cause you to use more power or something funky like that with the components?

Another couple of things I've noticed. My keyboard which is an Amiga 3000 hooked up using some sort of Key adaptor on the control chip i think, can't remember the adaptor now. If i press the Caps Lock multiple times eventually it does nothing when doing the boot. Works fine with my 060.
Also, the Drive light doesn't come on straight away, but after the initial few seconds it just stays on.

It sounds like Daedulus could be right that the 060 chip on the BPPC just isn't waking up or being allowed to communicate with anything. I have no idea what the GALs are and assuming if the rom can be reprogrammed somehow then that could work too. As it stands now, can't do anything with the machine with the BPPC in the Mediator slot which is a real bummer.

I do appreciate all the help I'm getting though as there are things I've never thought of trying coming through.

Update. Ok, just read last few posts. Going to hunt for another PSU. Will keep you guys updated, because if I can get into the boot menu, that is definitely something.

Last edited by Capeview; 13 March 2018 at 19:48. Reason: Update.

Page generated in 0.07297 seconds with 11 queries