View Single Post
Old 12 May 2018, 15:26   #2029
Turran

Been a while since my last status update on the new FTP server. I thought I had everything ready for it but I was missing a SAS -> SATA cable for the Areca raid card I bought for it.

Took a while to get that but its installed now and the final raid array is rebuilding now. I did have the server running in "degraded" mode for a while (one disk missing since I was missing the last cable) but I did not want to flip the switch on the EAB FTP until it was 100% ready.

This is the last piece of the puzzle though, so I can direct the ports in the firewall to the new server shorty (everything is already synced to it. Another backup...) =)

While I've been testing things here, one of the first disks for the EAB FTP totally crashed. Luckily, if you remember, we had already replaced those two disks so it did not matter much. Just thought it was funny timing. Never trust a seagate... Even thought I have multiple seagate disks in other arrays that have been huffing away for years now, I'm only going for WD RED these days. I have one WD RED that is not working on a raid card for some reason (out of perhaps 30 in total). I've run multiple tests on it and everything checks out but the Areca raid cards just goes "Failed!" on it... no clue.

Page generated in 0.09410 seconds with 11 queries