View Single Post
Old 26 May 2009, 21:57   #92
MarkYoungIW

Personally I like the idea that IPF's can only be produced by SPS, therefore if you have an IPF file you know its good!!

I do have a concern if anyone can make an images, there will be loads of different qualities of image floating around, so I can see merit in the IPF way.

So, that being the case, like Tom says, how can he work with something that he hasnt seen? I assume there have been 'no' successful dumps of Archimedes Discs to SPS, therefore meaning no IPF's have been sent back to the contributors? If this is not the case, it would be good to know from SPS who has contributed sucessful dumps so that Tom could contact them to use them to be able to further IPF support for Arculator, then obviously as well Tom will be able to confirm which IPF's work with Arculator.

I know there is a concern that alot of people have that IPF is a closed format, but like I said above, this is sort of good to maintain the quality of the dumps.

With regards to distribution, this has always been a hard one, but I think the developer of the only emulator that will support the format will need access to the IPFs for testing.

Page generated in 0.07101 seconds with 11 queries