View Single Post
Old 16 February 2017, 17:44   #17
ancalimon
Supernormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
Does it mean you use an old version of MCP? I`m not sure but mcpramlibpatch might be obsolete if you use MCP 1.48. What does mcpramlibpatch?
PatchControl is safe to use. An equivalent is SaferPatches.

If you use FastATA with ata3.driver (or similar named) then make sure that is used and not "killed" by SetPatch or BlizKick. Else data can be destroyed.
Quote:
Q: Is MCP safe to use with 3.9, and do I still need mcpramlibpatch in my startup?
A:
Yes, but there are two things you should be aware of with MCP:

First, make sure that you don't have any options in MCP that patch diskfont.library, as this will prevent 3.9's font cache from working correctly. You still need mcpramlibpatch in your startup as the ramlib problem is caused by third-party libraries performing too complicated/stack-hungry tasks (opening other diskresident libs) within their init function. These libraries are therefore breaking certain programming rules; and it's not a bug in ramlib itself. [Stephan Rupprecht]
Lastly, activating the "Processor" feature of MCP removes the ability of the RAD: device to be resident, so switching this off in MCP will restore it.
[Philippe 'Elwood' Ferrucci]
http://www.gregdonner.org/os39faq/compatibility.html
It is essential for everyone. So we will always need mcpramlibpatch because there are many old libraries still being used that do not play by the rules. I think I have the one from rtgmaster archive and run it in my startup*sequence just before the first stackattack command.

The one I have is MCPRamLibPatch V1.1 (24.04.98)

Page generated in 0.05739 seconds with 11 queries