View Single Post
Old 28 October 2012, 17:32   #1
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

FS-UAE <= 2.9.x development series

This is the main discussion thread for the FS-UAE development series. I will *probably* attach "dev" to all version numbers in the development series just to clarify that it is a development version.

Download the development version here http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/download-devel

If you use the development versions, subscribing to this thread is a good idea, so you'll get information about updates (and can see discussions about issues with the dev versions).

The following is the original post kicking of this development thread. Look instead towards the end of the the thread for updated / recent discussions

FS-UAE 2.1.0dev[/B] http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/download-devel

- Merged updated emulation core from WinUAE 2.5.0beta21.
- FS-UAE mman updated to work more like the WinUAE implementation.
- Ejecting CD images works now, enabled menu option.
- Added auto-fire toggle mechanism to F12 menu.
- Auto-fire support, new boolean options joystick_port_x_autofire.
- Added support for Amiga mouse wheel and middle mouse button.
- (Launcher) Added button to configure auto-fire per joystick port.

This version implements some nice and requested features Emulation core is updated from the latest available code from Toni Wilen, with some nice emulation accuracy improvements!

Because of the code merge, and because the mman module has been rewritten, there is a greater chance than usual that something does not work. -But it looks good in my tests.

To get a mman behavior which mirrors the WinUAE code more closely, malloc is used to "reserve" memory on non-Windows platforms, and this relies on over-commit features in the Linux/Mac kernels where the memory is not actually allocated before the pages are accessed (not tested on FreeBSD yet). This is a bit experimental, so let me know if it crashes

EDIT: Well, it was the latest WinUAE code available for a few minutes...

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 13 December 2013 at 21:33.

Page generated in 0.15248 seconds with 11 queries