Thread: Ambermoon
View Single Post
Old 07 October 2022, 04:48   #659
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by macce2 View Post
If booting from the floppy disk A; the installer program doesn't start correctly.
Yes that's currently broken since v1.14

Quote:
If trying to run the installation program on WB; the installer program doesn't detect (floppy) disk changes correctly.
That has always worked fine for me. The installer is a standard AmigaOS 2.x+ install script. There is a slim chance the Ambermoon.net ADF creation script got broken but seems unlikely. I'll try v1.17 tomorrow.

If you have issues. Install using v1.07 and then overwrite the installation with the non ADF patched files from Github

Quote:
I tried to do the install manually; but I think it maybe would be better to use the game's own installer.
Sure. I don't tend to use the installer much but overwrite our existing HDD install when files are patched.

Quote:
The English version (1.07) also had some severe bugs then; but generally it did run on my old 040 system those days.I remember You and some others helping me to progress in Ambermoon then; thanks once again !
I finished v1.07 using 040 many times. There were one or two bugs which caused the game to crash but not many and mostly isolated. You could finish just by avoiding those locations. Almost all bugs are now fixed.

The big changes in V1.14 (going to one exe for all languages and all Amigas from 4. Introducing new language files) has brought a few new bugs, mainly with the installer. But they will get fixed

Quote:
one could update the older WHDload install by just copying the files of the most recent Pyrcador fix over the existing ones; and replace the slave file ..?!
Probably. I don't use WHDLoad slave but Hexxae says he gets better 060 stability. No idea how

Last edited by alexh; 07 October 2022 at 04:53.

Page generated in 0.05888 seconds with 11 queries