Thread: Ambermoon
View Single Post
Old 06 October 2022, 21:29   #658
macce2
Retro maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Are you using Ambermoon v1.17 or later? Hexxae has been helping debug 060 incompatibility. (Although so far the bugs have been generic)
I thought v1.17 was the latest !? I'm currently using / testing that version.
However, is there a slight chance that I could get some older version to (partly) work !?!
(there was some kind of modification of the AM_XX (?) files on version 1.14 ...??! )

Quote:
There was a bug introduced during Ambermoon.net Amiga development where the number of files had been increased but the installer hadn't been updated to copy the new files introduced but that has been fixed (at least for playing from HDD, I think that FDD install is still broken).

If booting from the floppy disk A; the installer program doesn't start correctly.
If trying to run the installation program on WB; the installer program
doesn't detect (floppy) disk changes correctly.
I tried to do the install manually; but I think it maybe would be better
to use the game's own installer.

Quote:
There were numerous bugs introduced during Ambermoon.net Amiga development which affected save games, this has since been fixed but I am afraid the only solution is to upgrade to the latest version and restart. (If you are well into the game, contact Pyradcor and he might be able to fix them with HEXEDIT.) but it sounds like you're early on?

Well, I can't update the v1.17 English yet, could I ?!
I'm currently just beginning the game, so my save game state is not so important -yet- (on grandpa's cellar ).
I kind of completed the game (English v1.07) years ago; but I think I missed a lot of game content then; there were some areas that didn't work completely; for example.
The English version also had some severe bugs then; but generally it did run on my old
040 system those days.
I remember You and some others helping me to progress in Ambermoon then; thanks once again !

Quote:
The WHDLoad installer was updated in August (V2.1) to support the newer Ambermoon executable (v1.16+).

So one could update the older WHDload install by just copying the files of the most recent Pyrcador fix over the existing ones; and replace the slave file ..?!

Quote:
The best place to report bugs in GitHub

https://github.com/Pyrdacor/Ambermoon/issues

Ok I know, but to be honest; I have already contacted Pyrcador
and declared my interest to help with the project(-s)
Ambermoon & Ambermoon Advanced!
I thought I maybe could help a little bit with play testing, at least.
I also have plenty of ideas for updating / improving the game.
Btw, I also think the remake of Amberstar is a great idea!

However, I'm not a programmer; although I'm very interested in
programming, too; and have some basic knowledge.

Pyrcador himself suggested me to maybe start a thread regarding
Ambermoon (Advanced) English version, here on the EAB.
I gave him some info about my problems with the game.

Last edited by macce2; 06 October 2022 at 21:42. Reason: adding some info etc

Page generated in 0.04980 seconds with 11 queries