Thread: Ambermoon
View Single Post
Old 06 October 2022, 18:30   #657
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by macce2 View Post
I'm having serious problems with Ambermoon on my A4000D 060 classic setup.
Are you using Ambermoon v1.17 or later? Hexxae has been helping debug 060 incompatibility. (Although so far the bugs have been generic)

Quote:
I'm also unable to get the game's own installer to work.
There was a bug introduced during Ambermoon.net Amiga development where the number of files had been increased but the installer hadn't been updated to copy the new files introduced but that has been fixed (at least for playing from HDD, I think that FDD install is still broken).

Quote:
The game freezes when entering battle sequence; especially after a save game has been created.
There were numerous bugs introduced during Ambermoon.net Amiga development which affected save games, this has since been fixed but I am afraid the only solution is to upgrade to the latest version and restart. (If you are well into the game, contact Pyradcor and he might be able to fix them with HEXEDIT.) but it sounds like you're early on?

The WHDLoad installer was updated in August (V2.1) to support the newer Ambermoon executable (v1.16+).

Quote:
There's some patches available for 040+ machines on Aminet, but they seem to be for original german version only..!?
They are not needed anymore. One is the exe from the German v1.05 from Thalion. The other is FAKE and is actually the same German v1.05 from Thalion in the other one.

Quote:
When running the WHDload installed Ambermoon, the game suffers from severe slowdown of the 3D sections; compared to normal hd installed game.
The best place to report bugs in GitHub

https://github.com/Pyrdacor/Ambermoon/issues

Last edited by alexh; 06 October 2022 at 18:50.

Page generated in 0.04669 seconds with 11 queries