View Single Post
Old 21 May 2006, 15:22   #1
spotUP

The Classic Amiga Sound - Let's fix those trackers!

Hi all!

Lot's of games and demos have been fixed with whdload, that is great! But WHDLoad could be used in a more productive way aswell. There's lots of really unique and cool oldskool trackers for the Amiga, all of them had a certain unique synthetic sound that can only be created on Amigas. The problem is that all these trackers are really old now, and most of them only run on A500's, so there is a severe lack of new tunes produced in these trackers, as noone is able to run the trackers anymore. This is a really important piece of Amiga history that deserves a better faith. There's lots of skilled AGA/HD fixers here, is anyone up for the task?

Here's a list of cool trackers that deserves to be brought back to life, some of them almost work on a1200/060, some not at all;

TFMX, BPSoundMon, BugMon, FutureComposer, PumaTracker, DeltaMusic, FredEditor, JamCrackerPro, SidMonII and Sonic Arranger.

EDIT; I've got a lot of these running by using existing WHDLoad slave and such, but I don't feel right about releasing them, as I have used other WHDLoad peoples slaves and just Hex edited them a little.
There's not much work that has to be done, for a lot of them to run. I just tried to get PumaTracker running, by emulating dos 1.3 via WHDLoad, it ran perfectly, but it crashed after a while, when playing a song.

So, what do you guys think? Wouldn't it be sweet to fix these old gems, and make them available on some webpage, together with some songs and some info?

Let's fight for the past, and do proper fixes for these!

Last edited by spotUP; 21 May 2006 at 15:29.

Page generated in 0.04312 seconds with 11 queries