Thread: External floppy
View Single Post
Old 16 July 2009, 20:17   #11
quantum112

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPie5000 View Post
I am not sure about the jumper but i have had no problems using external drives on both my A500 and A1200.... I just plug it in and it works (Using old Cumana drives).

Have you checked the port on your Amiga for any broken or bent pins - the power pins are obviously fine as the drive clicks/ticks but what about the other pins?
No, the motherboard is like out of the shop. I've no idea what it is, but I'm betting it's (was) the interference from Vesalia's modded floppy.

The drive I bought today is the best damn floppy drive in the world when connected internally. Just formatted and wrote 4 of my HD disks that this hacked PC floppy wouldn't even hear about (because modded PC drives only work as DD drives).

I just hope the internal drive I bought won't give me problems, unless that guy sells hackjobs as well... he'd better not - since he told me these drives were taken straight out of A500's. What people won't do to get their hands on some cash, luckily that PayPal is generous with refunding your money straight off. Better to list an auction as "replacement A500 drive" than "hacked and modded PC floppy drive which may or may not work at all, doesn't work with HD disks and most likely won't even fit in your case". That would be the proper title for most of these auctions.

Page generated in 0.04373 seconds with 11 queries