View Single Post
Old 13 September 2012, 21:31   #4
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangjeff View Post
I've actually found a pinout for an old Novell/Procomp 37pin external SCSI cable.

http://rtfm.vtt.net/pinouts/data/Nov...nout.shtml.htm
Hmm... I can't even load that page in my browser ATM. I'll try again later. Maybe that site is down.

Quote:
1) Is this the same pinout Supra used on this connector? For all I know the Supra Connector is some proprietary pinout scheme.
SCSI is meant to be a standard applicable to all platforms, so I would be surprised if it wasn't the same pinout.

However, I have been able to find absolutely no information at all about the DC-37 SCSI pinouts or the early version of the Supra Drive SCSI controller which you have.

Quote:
2) What is the best route to going from the 37pin D connector to something I can actually plug into a 50 pin SCSI drive.

For example, I have a DB-25 to centronics cable laying around. I could cut off the DB-25 and solder a DC-37 connector in it's place. Then purchase a crimp style centronics connector and add it to a SCSI ribbon cable.
Well, if you don't mind cannibalising the DB-25 to Centronics cable, that would be the neatest solution - especially if the Centronics connector were chassis-mounted to the hard drive enclosure.

Page generated in 0.11869 seconds with 11 queries