View Single Post
Old 26 October 2017, 11:34   #24
sampedenawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supamax View Post
I'm interested, too (one, for my A600HD) .

Which could be a final price, in broad terms?

You're third in line after E-penguin and springycz, and I have still 1 pcb available, so if you are interested, this last one is yours.
(I mean, the bare pcb rev1.0, without any component, + instructions for building + attiny "firmware").

If you wanted a complete assembled board instead, let me first serve the agreement I have with the two guys above, then I will try to forecast something for you (maybe we would discuss details in PM - in Italian tongue maybe )

Abot the price: good question.
This at the moment is an handcrafted project, designed with simplicity in mind but nevertheless it obviously does not have any economical efficiency.
This means that even if all components are quite common, cheap and easy to find, unless you buy large lots (say dozens/hundreds) of each one, you won't get good prices from dealers.
Building the board is another issue: handcrafting/testing takes me more or less one hour each one. It is obvious to everyone that if I would charge this time over the final cost of the board, the board itself would never be sold to anyone. All in all, it is not a piece of art, so it have to face with market rules.

All this said, a fair target price for a "commercial" version should stay in my opinion between 20 and 30 Euros for the end user.

Page generated in 0.04362 seconds with 11 queries