View Single Post
Old 27 September 2018, 14:27   #22
Bruce Abbott

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWay View Post
I wish the Kickstarter all the best of luck, but the 3000 never tickled my design bone...
Me neither, and I used to own one. It had a few ergonomic issues that would be better not copied. Also the front grill looks a little silly when raised up to take a keyboard underneath.

Quote:
Personally I could be interested in something like an A1000 scaled up to 140-150(?)% - big enough to let you park your typical full-size keyboard under it...
That's what I want too.

About 20 years ago I gutted an A1000 and put an A600 motherboard in the case, with a CDROM drive in place of the front RAM expansion. I wired a socket to the motherboard to use the original A1000 keyboard, and extended the mouse and joystick ports. Most of the A600's rear connectors lined up with the existing holes in the case. It worked very well.

With a Vampire that machine would be amazing, but the stock A600 was a bit limiting so I sold it many years ago. Now A1000s are very rare and expensive, and besides it wouldn't be right to gut one today. So I have decided to make my own case, wide enough to take an A500 or A1200 motherboard and park my A2000 keyboard underneath, but not as deep as a typical desktop PC case.

Page generated in 0.08371 seconds with 11 queries