View Single Post
Old 19 August 2019, 12:21   #1
GearCross

Happy Hello from Portugal

Hello everyone,

Decided to join in after some lurks here and there with some technical situations I have came across in the Amiga scene. Although up until now it always had been with emulation only...

Recently I have become the proud owner of an A1200; not my first Amiga though as I've had an A500 back in about 93~94 as a hand-me-down computer, and even though I was somewhat late to the "party", it was an amazing experience, until a year or so later it unfortunately stopped booting floppies and I gave it back to the original owner to try to repair but to no success...

I can say I waited 25 years to get a hold of this amazing machine. I remember seeing the A1200 and the A4000 in some magazines and nearly drooling over them

My A1200 is nothing to write home about, it's a bog standard CBM version with KS 3.0 with very few upgrades done to it just to be able to launch WHDLoad games.

Apart from a brand new keyboard membrane, as the original one was damaged, I got 8MB of FastRAM and an 80GB HDD that I had laying around, partitioned to 0.5GB for WorkBench and 16GB for WHDLoad Games using PFS3.

That was one long introduction... Thank you for reading!

Cheers!

Page generated in 0.04953 seconds with 11 queries