View Single Post
Old 18 August 2019, 12:19   #93
d4rk3lf

When I was first started to play with all these stuff, it was a lots of fun, for me.
Tat is why I don't like, for instance, Gotek solutions.
Where's the fun without workbench?

Not sure what's going on there with these tutorials, and I am not sure why it asks for the blank floppy. Installation should be pretty much straight-forward.
For example, in winuae I made a 2 presets, one for A1200 and one for A500, and I made them both HD (2 directories on my PC), and for both I installed Workbench 3.1, and WHDLoad.

You can do the same on your PC for A1200 (since you have that), just instead of using directory, you can use your CF card (but you can practice also on directory).
Basically this is how it work:
- Start Winuae and choose A1200 preset.
- In HD/CD options for HD choose either directory on PC (for practice), or your CF card
- Download Workbench 3.1 installation as adf, and put first floppy in DF0 (in floppy menu)
- Start emulation, and Workbech 3.1 should be loaded from that virtual floppy
- Start installation, and just follow the instruction (you only need to care where it is going to be installed (on your CF card).
- When installation asks you for another WB disk, Press F12, go to floppy, change the disk, and proceed.

And that's it. WB is installed... now all you need is to install WHDLoad, and you're good to go.

After you install WHDload, download bunch of games, just copy them to your CF card, and play them (they are already installed)

Page generated in 0.04097 seconds with 11 queries