View Single Post
Old 11 May 2008, 06:56   #2
rkauer
I hate potatos and shirts

Send a message via MSN to rkauer Send a message via Yahoo to rkauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by skote View Post
So... Now the A1500 is up and running I want to put more RAM in the old girl. I have a Nexus SCSI card which has 4 RAM slots - 2 for 4MB and 2 for 2MB 30 pin SIMMS. I have a load of 30 pin SIMMs (1 MB and 4MB from a pair of 386s) that I have acquired and want to use them. When I slot them in the board in the right slots and use the jumper on the board to config the RAM, I get a red "Bad Card" screen until I take the RAM out. The only information I can find about this card online is on Amiga.Resource.cx and of course Amiga-Hardware. Neither of these are comprehensive though, nor do they include the manuals as .pdfs. Does anyone know anything about this card, what RAM (do I have the right voltage and speed for example?) it takes and how to configure it? I've got 7MB (1 MB Chip, 4 MB Fast on A2630 and 2 MB Fast in another Zorro slot) but taking it up to 9 MB in total would be nice for my impending OS 3.5 install......
As I said before, more than 6Mb RAM in the Zorro auto-config space will make you very dismayed!

ZorroII interface is only 8Mb-wide. And you need some space for your cards to auto-config.

So... Only if (and only if...) you acquire an accelerator with its own RAM, you are limited to 6Mb Fast RAM(or even 7, no more than this). Nothing is impending you to have 2Mb of CHIP RAM, installing a CHIP RAM doubler).

Page generated in 0.18899 seconds with 11 queries