View Single Post
Old 05 June 2019, 03:59   #24
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

I like these bezels as well, however, I would probably prefer if the grey background and reflections were omitted. I think these really are two aspects of a 1084 that do not need to be reproduced.

A 100% black background without any reflection would give more chance for the Amiga picture to shine IMHO. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own tastes on that topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
I'm not sure I could tell the difference. Maybe it looked even a bit brighter.

I wonder if it may have something to do with me running it on macOS which, I believe, still doesn't have full shader support (a lot of those guest.r shaders doesn't work, for instance).
I also use a Mac (latest Mojave) and many of the shaders often linked on the EAB simply crash FS UAE if I attempt to use them.
Only the "curvature.shader" included in the archived linked in the initial post seems to be working fine, all others (crt-easymode-hl.shader, crt-easymode.shader, etc.) simply crash the launched emulator when starting the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
I mostly like these monitor bezels. Problem: You need a bigger monitor, e.g. 32 inch, or the viewable Amiga image area is too small.
Actually, I just measured on my 27" iMac and the height of the 1084 on screen is 0.5 cm bigger than that of my actual 1084.

So, with that theme, one needs a 27" monitor to faithfully reproduce a 14" 1084.

But all in all, the emulated image only occupies 2/3rd of the total height of my monitor so if the theme image was modified to increase the surface area allocated to the emulated screen, a smaller monitor would still allow to reproduce a CRT larger than what we were used to back then.

Page generated in 0.04527 seconds with 11 queries