View Single Post
Old 08 October 2018, 20:47   #4
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by haps View Post
Personally I would get a decent board with at least 8 sata connectors and rip the USB drives out of their cases and bung it all in a nice airy case. For the OS I would build something using Gentoo probably.

With the way you gobble up steam games though you should probably get yourself a SuperMicro storage chassis! :P

Or even build your own Storage Pod. https://www.backblaze.com/blog/open-...torage-server/

If I had the money I would like to build something along the lines of that blackblaze system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
I'd avoid DLNA if at all possible. It's a buggy, poorly implemented piece of shit that causes nothing but problems. Whoever designed it is retarded.
@haps, I have all the local Steam Library connected onto RAID ZERO array's already, this isn't neccessary, just media files.

But yes that was something I was considering at some point in the past but I don't think I really need to do that at the moment

@Hewitson, interesting, the DLNA has worked pretty darn good for me so far, well under Windows 10 and before that 8.1 and before that 7.

Could it be not having enough HOST resources like CPU cores and/or memory to spare ?

Page generated in 0.04310 seconds with 11 queries