View Single Post
Old 15 July 2017, 18:46   #232
matthey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_skroht View Post
Now to me this implies that one is available but needs to be refined before it can be placed inside the Cyclone3. Now unless someone has categorical proof that the current Vampire cards that do use a Cyclone3 FPGA will NEVER have a hardFPU EVER then we need to wait and see what happens rather than "assuming" that it will never get one.
I agree with everything you wrote in this post but not everything in your previous post. It is illogical to assume that the current Cyclone 3 based Vampire line will or will not receive a 68k compatible FPU. Gunnar himself probably doesn't know at this point. It is logical to work on the SAGA before the FPU if a standalone FPGA board is planned soon. I thought it was more logical to work on a 68k compatible FPU before the SIMD unit but hardware guys know best. I thought it would be better to upgrade the Vampire to a Cyclone 5 and reduce the number of hardware variations and FPGA models needing tuning but hardware guys know best. People with business knowledge could probably help their business but hardware guys know best .

Page generated in 0.07352 seconds with 11 queries