View Single Post
Old 04 December 2012, 07:56   #25
britelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
I don't think that can be taken from it. Now that you mention it, a lot of problems vanish when you code on or for AGA/060, I think you'd agree.
Some problems vanish, indeed. But you get other problems to deal with instead.

Quote:
To clarify (for others, since you know all this): I was aiming for the sort of thing when you see (for example) a simple ray-traced animation on an A500 for reasons that just don't apply to AGA/060: work was put into remapping to 31 colors to make it look not like porridge, very nice music is playing at the same time, meaning perhaps that the musician had to optimize the song size skilfully, perhaps it trackloaded quickly, and you couldn't just INCBIN a bunch of files in the binary because there isn't room for the decrunch overlap. Even though the end result is grainy graphics with a few balls reflecting each other or something, it's appreciated because more work is needed to do even simple things.
But an animation is still just an animation

And "more work" doesn't equal good end result. I don't care how much (or little) time someone spent doing something, if what I'm watching looks like crap.

Page generated in 0.04469 seconds with 11 queries