View Single Post
Old 03 February 2022, 14:14   #77
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

@White

Shame the videos no longer work. As when I look at the Avenger driver for OS4 I can make some remarks:

1) New (V5) DrawElements and DrawArray need BindTexture to be executed before. Otherwise W3D_NOTEXTURE happens in these functions. Old WOS stuff doesn't do that. PatchWarp3D helps here.
2) DrawElements with primitive TRIFAN and no multitexturing sends the wrong command and stuff is not drawn (again, PatchWarp3D helps here). Should be seen in glQuake where textures in the starting weapon are missing.
3) DrawElements and DrawArray pack a certain color mode wrong giving a switch in R and B. Only 1 color mode is affected, but you should see it in Encore ByNight in the tunnel with the star. (Again...PatchWarp3D)
4) DrawElements and DrawArray seem to fetch the z coord wrongly when the vertex is ffd (fetches z from offset $10 and not $8). Cannot confirm this really as most stuff is fff.

Even when that fixed there seems to be some z error in demos like MWI Third Eye Conqueror (NOT fixed by PatchWarp3D).

In conclusion, DrawElements and DrawArray are messed up for Avenger OS4. Wish I could help further.

BTW, ReWarp includes the DrawElements and DrawArray patches from PatchWarp3D from Allain Thellier. See ReWarp doc.
I guess a general update to ReWarp to do a W3D_BindTexture just before W3D_DrawArray or W3D_DrawElements could be done. But that won't fix the other stuff.

EDIT:

5) All textures are treated as being W3D_PERSPECTIVE by DrawElements and DrawArray (forgot that one).

Last edited by Hedeon; 03 February 2022 at 15:17.

Page generated in 0.04546 seconds with 11 queries