View Single Post
Old 08 January 2017, 11:27   #19
Pat the Cat
Banned

Sorry, Word Worth or Final Edition.

WP choice depends on spell checker and thesaurus really. Also, if you want to design pages (DTP) then neither is particularly outstanding, in my opinion. I can't remember the best DTP packages, but if I had say, a SCSI connected laser printer, neither would be that great for document layout. PageStream and Professional Page were the leading ones when I last looked in 1994 or so. Neither was quite Mac Quark Xpress, and DTP on the Amiga is horrible if you want 24 bit WYSIWYG graphics, more so if you try and do that on an AGA Amiga. To do DTP on an Amiga, you are better off turning all graphics to simple box previews. Otherwise things crawl. That might be different now, and I guess I never really experienced true 24 bit or PPC to say if that's improved. Classic Amigas, beware DTP. It can do it, but slowly.

Protext IS a word processor, but it isn't WYSIWYG. But fast, nice Brit language options, low power needs. Unlike most other stuff. It's good for writing, you can't really layout more than text.

Always check the spell checker origin on WP. There are OK dictionaries and outstanding dictionaries, like Collins in Brit English. Check what you local version uses. It's important.

Last edited by Pat the Cat; 08 January 2017 at 11:33.

Page generated in 0.04775 seconds with 11 queries