View Single Post
Old 26 August 2005, 17:19   #1
Npl

Unhappy Competition Pro USB

After seriously trying to play few games on WinUAE last week, I went out and got myself a Competition Pro USB, since a PS2 Pad wont cut it for many games.
Now Im quite a bit underwhelmed on what I got, first I was really surprised how small it is - cant grab the stick without one or 2 of my fingers beeing somehow in the way. From my memories the original was 25% bigger, cant imagine how small a Competition Pro Mini wouldve been like?
Second, I have trouble doing diagonal moves. The horiz./vert. is incredibly easy to trigger, diagonals need alot more strength and I have trouble doing that if it has to be done quick. Again, my memories tell me that that wasnt the case back then (did need a bit more strength, but all direction could be reached with the some amount of power).

Unfortunately my original "Competition Pro" is nowhere to be found, so I cant really tell if its just my imagination or not. Only thing im certain is that the cheap clumsy amiga-joystick I still have is better than that( and I found it to be way worse than the Competition Pro I had ). Any other first-hand experiences with the new model?

Page generated in 0.04770 seconds with 11 queries