View Single Post
Old 10 October 2018, 19:52   #166
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
You dont show Monkey Business Amiga adverts from 1985 year from Amiga magazine or computer magazine or from other magazine.
Simply not true - I provided the link to the Mac advert in post #69.

https://is.gd/a7x0fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
You dont have proof that single Monkey Business copy was sold in 1985 year or this game (Amiga version) was adverted in 1985 year.
A mail-order game (or any game stocked on a computer store shelf, for that matter) doesn't need to sell copies before being deemed "released". As soon as the publisher has copies ready to sell, then that's when the game has been officially released (NOT when the first copy sells!).

It's become clear that you won't acknowledge any information provided that doesn't suit your opinions and beliefs, and that anyone that provides such information is a "liar" as far as you're concerned. Just wait for my next post.....it's going to be a biggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niobyte View Post
Might be worth checking the modification dates on each of the different games released between 1985 and early-mid 1986. To see which ones have the earliest date-time stamps.

I would envision some of the infocom titles would have some of the earliest out of most of them. As some of those titles would have been relatively easy to port.
Yeh, the Infocom interview with Brian Moriarty suggests that Wishbringer may have been the first adventure they released on the Amiga.....but that game was his baby, so who knows. The date stamps you list for the different Infocom adventures seem to lend weight to that, though. My best bet has always been that if Monkey Business wasn't the first Ami game, then it was probably a text/graphics adventure by Infocom or Activision for the reasons you suggest and more.

Last edited by DrBong; 11 October 2018 at 01:36. Reason: Fixed typo + added reply!

Page generated in 0.07000 seconds with 11 queries