View Single Post
Old 06 April 2012, 17:08   #3
Synthesize Me
Amigaholics Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
You don't say much about your configuration. How many drives do you have on the SCSI bus and what is the ID of each?

The HDtoolbox window says it found a drive on ID 4 and the error message happens on ID 5. So if your new HDD is ID 4 and ID 5 is not present, then I would just ignore the message.

OTOH if ID 5 is your new HDD, then there is something wrong with it. Unexpected phase changes are usually caused by inadequate termination. How is your SCSI bus terminated?

The error message also says that it reverts to asynchronous mode. Perhaps your new HDD does not support synchronous mode. If so you should set the ID 5 to asynchronous in the SCSI Kit's firmware. I don't know how to configure the SCSI kit but I am sure that there is a way to set defaults.
Hey,

Thanks for the reply!
I only have the combo drive on the scsi bus, so that would make it 2 devices, the cd rom is device 4 and the hard drive is device 5. I just have a passive terminator on the other scsi port on the back of the unit. I'll have to look for the synchronous settings on one of the disks, but I get this same error when I try to open SCSIconfig and SCSIcontrol. Maybe I'll try to adjust the settings with the drive disconnected...
So in theory the hard drive should be recognized even though it is 18GB?

Thanks for your help!

Page generated in 0.04453 seconds with 11 queries