View Single Post
Old 14 March 2013, 20:59   #62
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxown View Post
Can I use more than 16 colors in AmiKit real or am I forced with 16?
Hi. Read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK
Of course, it should always be possible to use a screenmode with more than 16 colors, too. As long as the first 16 colors are locked with FullPalette or other similar tools, it should work perfectly with 64, 128 or whatever number of colors. All icons would simply look a little better than before.
You can use whatever amount and the icons will look perfect. If you plan to stay with 64 or 128 or 256 colors you could remap your own wallpaper to use that amount so the result would be the most perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerytale View Post
So who is it going? Any updates?
About updates, it's been a time that I've got the first one, another installer, etc, so I will try now again to contact Jan of AmiKit, but unfortunately he hasn't much time... (Fast Edit: We will try to make something soon, but I guess after the latest release of icon.library fixed for Magellan).

Edit:

v0.2 beta Released.

http://real.amiga.sk/

- Installation method changed so Windows is no more required to install AmiKit!

- New icon.library 46.4.279 by Peter Keunecke. Icons load 15%-20% faster!

- Changed WB2000 preferences (WookieChat opens right now)

- Changed WB prefs (memory in other memory instead of graphic memory)

- Changed SongPlayer prefs

- Fixed Def icon (def_disk.info) so now you can open all the devices correctly

And.... we've added a voice for MorpheuZ

Basically both the update or the new installer have an Install script icon (thanks Thomas for your help), so you just have to click on it once running your already installed AmiKit Real or for the new installer an OS3.9 (read the instructions).

EDIT: 2nd Update work in progress. In this "photo" I'm using 64 colors. It looks even much better for real, and with an Indi it's incredible:

For those that ask about using more colors, here is a real photo using 256 colors and WinUAE. In this second update I'll be adding 256 colors wallpapers like this... If you are expecting more without a graphic card...

Video using just 16 colors:

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Retrofan; 07 May 2013 at 03:20.

Page generated in 0.04759 seconds with 11 queries