View Single Post
Old 18 December 2018, 01:41   #3
Legster

Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
The music is played from the CD as CD audio, which usually goes through a separate cable from the CD-ROM drive to your soundcard. Chances are you're trying to run the game from an ISO, which usually won't include the audio tracks, and not from the actual game CD.
I'm not sure about that. I have two working images, one 350MB and one 640MB. I assumed the larger one had the audio tracks, but I was unable to rip them.

Quote:
Also, bear in mind that the 68060 recommendation is for a real Amiga, since the 68060 is faster per clock cycle than other 68k CPUs. Under emulation it makes little or no difference since the instructions still can't get executed simultaneously, so you might actually get better results selecting a 68030. I don't know the intricacies of the emulation core, but it's very possible that the 020/030 emulation is more optimised than the 040/060 emulation with their special cases. Regardless of whether that's the case or not, selecting an 060 to emulate doesn't magically multiply the performance of the emulated Amiga in the same way fitting an 060 to a real machine would.
I played around a bit. The game only runs with a 6806. However, that could of course be an emulation issue.

Quote:
The RAM thing is normal. You're limited to around 8MB of Zorro-II (24-bit) fast RAM in any Amiga, real or emulated. I wouldn't bother with that (and depending on your graphics card emulation, it might even cause problems). Set it to 0 and add all you need from the Zorro-III category. Unlike other platforms though, adding RAM to an Amiga doesn't usually speed things up since the OS itself doesn't use virtual memory. Things will either work or not work, possibly crashing if they don't have enough RAM, or exiting with an error message if they've been well programmed.
So how do I get those 32MB RAM? And what kind of RAM do they mean?

Quote:
Have you set up graphics card emulation properly? How exactly have you got that set up? Can you select graphics card modes for Workbench? The game will run much better on a (virtual) graphics board than AGA, but in general it's a demanding game so will be pushing your emulation hard.
I'm not sure. I just selected a Zorro IV GPU.

Page generated in 0.04382 seconds with 11 queries