View Single Post
Old 25 November 2018, 20:47   #21
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White View Post
Hi AC/DC HACKER!
A question the versions included in the 3.9 workbench of powepc and warpos are the last ones?
There's a newer PowerPC.library not included with 3.9. By the way, it's Workbench, not workbench.

Quote:
Or are there more updated versions for cyberstorm-ppc on the web?

CyberStormPPC is hardware. It has 2 CPUs on it, either 68040 or 68060 and a PowerPC chip. It's not software. Or are you meaning the ROM for it? Check the Zone.
Amiga with its existing software offers various opportunities and for each person there are needs related to personal tastes, all you can do with 68k today with the emulation is extraordinary thinking back to many years ago 'when I used the 0.8xx.
Amigaos 4.1 works very well for what I have done, I would say easier in its use, while the 3.9 + PPC as I remember is a project left to itself and no longer carried forward.[/QUOTE]

Amiga OS hadn't been updated for over 15 years, but check the News section, it has been...and is being updated now. OS 3.1.4. I bought it for my A4000 Desktops and WinUAE. I love the updated Intuition and bug fixes. They've already been discussing many more bug fixes. OS 3.1.4 does "break" some compatibility with older games, and I'm slowly going through stuff to make a list..and submit it. Hope it'll help them. But all in all, I am loving 3.1.4 so far.
I agree, Amiga OS and Workbench (Wink!) are why I'm still a huge fan. Windows has progressed and does some great stuff, but..it doesn't have the "passion" that Amiga was made with. I also cannot stand the GUI of Windows 8 and 10 - really, really, really Ugly(!!!) and counter-intuitive, so I refuse to install it for personal use. Forced to use at time Professionally; yuck!

Quote:
Thanks.
You're welcome. Now, back on topic, eh?

Page generated in 0.04448 seconds with 11 queries