View Single Post
Old 24 August 2018, 22:54   #41
b0lt-thrower

Well I have to say with all of the recent developments in the Amiga world, this is probably one of the coolest if not the coolest. I could see myself buying a board to populate as availability of chips and time allowed. I would certainly do so if there was a PCI version available.

I mean, this board, with a Vampire card and some PCI slots would be that "Killer Amiga" I dreamed of so long ago - common hardware platform (ATX motherboard, PCI slots) and an "advanced" Amiga chipset. Mm-mm!

Even aside from the Vamp, it's still an amazing product/project and my hat is off to you. I know it's easy to be a "Monday morning quarterback," but I will also say: this is a design I had in the back of my head forever. Oh, no don't think I'm saying "Well I came up with this idea" - all I know about Electronics is never let the magic blue smoke out of the chips and don't touch the hot end of a soldering iron. I just thought for years "Why doesn't someone do an ATX Amiga motherboard, with sockets or spaces to xfer chips out of older machines, but otherwise with standard PC form factor layout...maybe since Prometheus is now open, include that as the bus-board in addition to or rather than Zorro..." and here we are!

I'm sorry, I'm rambling and offering no real insight into the thread so I'll step out and say (again) congratulations!

Page generated in 0.04168 seconds with 11 queries