View Single Post
Old 12 March 2019, 00:30   #183
Dr.Venom

Quote:
Maybe you had in mind a steep transition from cut colors to blank lines? Well, i'll implement it...
No no, I didn't have that in mind. Let's forget about the test shader

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest.r View Post
Yeah, color cutoff has to alternate between pixels with low brightness and it may look like a size 2 mask.
Complete cutoff would just produce wrong colors or. black areas, would not look good at all.

OK. Good to know it works as it should, I guess I expected it to work out differently.

Basicly I expected the whole image to get brighter when going from mask 5 to 7, because the phosphor tinting is lifted / not there in 7.

Instead only the brighter parts of the image get brighter with 7 (the door on the right), but the darker parts actually stays about the same with 7 (left part). See image below.

I guess my main issue / misunderstanding is why the darker (left) part of the image doesn't get brighter with mask 7?

Also if you look up close, the darker part still has that green / magenta tinting, but what I understand that is actually how it should work with mask 7, right? Just reaffirming.

Quote:
I think it's more about core tweaks, like GBA has it's own color pallete, there are some for NES etc. All other crt shaders i know are neutral here, since LCD's have a pretty good color reproduction by now and this should really be core provided.

Edit: I'll take a look at the Sony Trinitron LUT, maybe it will look better here.
OK that's interesting .

I also learned you can create your own LUT png, by pasting the existing palette.png below an existing image (extend the canvas), then change hue, contrast, curves etc, then cutout the palette in the image (the part of the extended canvas) and save it as a new lut.png. Seems quite complicated to make color adjustments for single colors that way though. (apparently someone in the libretro forum, used this succesfully, to only change the blue of the water in sonic to what he thought was the "real" blue..)

Edit: I'll take a look at the updated shader with lut now

Edit 2:

Quote:
Edit2: LUT implemented, looks like a bit warmer colors. It's OK for testing i guess...
Wow, insane! This looks much closer to the real deal. Not sure about all the colors (yet), but red is so much closer to the real trinitron it's unreal. Please keep this option in here! Given that one can also create their own tweaked LUT (replace the trinitron-50.png), it only makes even more a must have!

I guess it's good to mention for others, that you need to load the preset freshly and switch on "trinitron colors" to try it.

Last edited by Dr.Venom; 12 March 2019 at 00:59.

Page generated in 0.18089 seconds with 11 queries