View Single Post
Old 30 April 2016, 00:45   #14
neoman
titan sucks!

Is that thread still alive?

As developer I'm also *very* interested in such a thing.

And additionally, to help the Amiga Game Development rise again there is another thing I thought about: Especially in the Amiga scene a lot of technical information about coding is spread over the whole net and hidden in places where noone can find them.

A lot of stuff is still in articles, diskmags and especially in threads on boards like ADA, EAB, A1K etc. You can also find a lot on Aminet, guys like Photon also create some tutorials for e.g. coding the Copper but there is nothing which is well-structured. There might be a Wiki about Amiga API coding but that's mostly not what you are searching for when making games.

So I also thought about making something like a Knowledge Base where these information can be stored plus *related* books, articles and maybe some resources with fonts and graphics. Imho the Amiga is a very complex platform so I'm very happy more developers are still interested in coding games for it again.

For myself I started on a lot of stuff, coded a lot of effects but never released something for the Amiga except a small intro. I made a lot of stuff for AGA machines. But mostly effects. Games are harder to make and you need way more planning, organization and collaborations.

Page generated in 0.04625 seconds with 11 queries