View Single Post
Old 25 April 2017, 21:44   #112
E-Penguin
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthey View Post
The results have been to maintain the status quo of protecting your (IMO, non-creative milking) businesses from more creative Amiga products and opportunities from other parties. IMO, the value of all of these entities to the Amiga community is questionable at best. More likely they are road blocks to creativity and Amiga improvements which is not "constructive" but closer to "destructive" (thus destroying non-constructive road blocks is good which is likely wXR's view point)
Whilst I'm quite sure Jens can defend himself should he wish, I must disagree with with your assertion that iComp & co are somehow "destructive" - I have three Amigas and one in the post and they're all dripping with shiny new Individual Computers hardware without which I probably wouldn't be able to use them.

Cloanto seems to get hate for daring to own copyright and sell products based it. Hyperion / A-EON I have had no dealings with but at least they do make and sell real stuff.

Commercial activity is the key keeping Amiga going, whether you like it or not. It keeps new hardware and software coming out and it gives creators an incentive to remain associated with the Amiga.

It would be a great to see Jens open source P96 and realise the benefits of community development, likewise with AmigaOS/Cloanto, but being rude to and about them is unlikely to be effective in changing their minds and business models.

Page generated in 0.13395 seconds with 11 queries