View Single Post
Old 16 July 2018, 10:20   #28
Glen M

Looks good but a few comments of hopefully constructive criticism:

1. Game play seems very fast and in particular the player animations are so fast it seems uncontrollable. I think it would play better maybe 10-15% slower
2. The character seems to far forward before the screen starts to scroll. This is something I see in a lot of games and to be honest I don't get it. I think the castlevania style of character stays in the middle of the screen (horizontal) works best and gives the player more time to react. I understand you've got it as a dead zone in the middle before the background scrolls but with this it limits the play area of to last third of the screen. By this I mean the player is constantly pushing forward in the last third of the screen and is confronting the majority of enemies here.
3. A bit of parallax scrolling would be nice.

In general I see the basis for a fantastic game and my points above are my own feeling after watching parts of the video above. I'm in work so only flicked through it and had no sound. My comments are intended for constructive criticism as I feel there is massive potential here.

Good work so far, I look forward to seeing the next update.

Page generated in 0.11323 seconds with 11 queries