View Single Post
Old 07 October 2010, 00:54   #1
daznic

Swap A1200 for A600HD

Ok guys, this could be a real good deal for someone,
I have an Amiga A1200 fitted with hard drive with Registered WHDLoad - Tons of games installed.

It also has a 8mb Ram expansion, but at the moment is populated with only 4mb, I could not get 8mb to work - my 8mb stick could be duff, or more likely cause is one of the jumper pins is loose & needs re-soldering. ( Works great on 4mb with all the WHDLoad games )

Bad points, the keyboard is very nice and white and clean BUT the rear clips have broken off the case, so the two halves are supported with tape.
There are six very small holes drilled into the top of the case, around the keys - they are very small, about 1 or 2 mm each one - Don`t know why they are there - complete mystery but they really don`t look too bad and could easily be filled with epoxy if required.
There is no eject button on the floppy drive, the drive has been out for some reason & the front button/cover area needs attention - I`m pretty sure the drive should work ok though.

So, a few simple fixes for someone would make a very nice machine, but it`s perfectly useable as it is & works great with a CF card instead of floppy.

What I want is an Amiga A600 with some internal storage, CF or hard drive ideally with WHDLoad installed. A nice white machine with minimal or no yellowing, must be in perfect working order & with a few disks if possible as I have none !

The Ram expansion in the A1200 is worth proabably the same or more than the A600, so I would require you to pay carriage for both Machines. Not really necessary to send the power supplies, it will just add to the weight ( I presume they are the same anyway ? )

The reason I want the exchange is that my desk which is the only area my wife lets me have my retro stuff has recently aquired a spectrum 128 and an Atari 800XL, I`m more into the 8 bit stuff but would like to keep an Amiga, but only the small A600 will fit !!

An added external floppy drive would help with the A600 also !

I`m in the Chester area of the UK

Last edited by daznic; 07 October 2010 at 09:26.

Page generated in 0.04384 seconds with 11 queries