View Single Post
Old 30 August 2009, 14:52   #12
extralife

back in the day i used to loove the lotus series and the other series where u saw the cars from top down view (yea cant remember the name now), anyways its funny that i stumpled on this thread, coz a few weeks ago i dusted off lotus 2 and took it for a test run and yea it holds up today. I mean even after being pushed to the end of the seat with fast games like ridge racer series, I still got the rush when i was going down hill for the next check point in lotus 2 and the fact that the settings change after a set number of tracks and makes the challenge different with stuff like snow and fog, thats just awesome still and it makes it that more fun. yea thats it, its still just plain fun and it still looks pretty damn smooth i think. The only problem i had with it, is that i have now got used to play my arcade style games with a sony pad, but that's hardly the games fault .
Is it better than outrun (not the amiga port lol) ? maybe not imho, but it certainly is one of the best arcade racers of that time for any home system and i think it has stood the test of time very well, something i think is pretty rare for a racing game.

btw be sure to check out stingray's little lotus jewel, size do matter (she said) :P

Page generated in 0.04284 seconds with 11 queries