View Single Post
Old 08 November 2009, 12:25   #39
Cammy

Sorry AB, I forgot you mentioned in your first post that you don' have an external CD drive, bummer. I have been using a 5.25" External Box with an IDE-USB adapter in it, and it seems to be working fine now with both my new netbook, and this Acer Aspire 3610. I hope you can borrow one from someone!

In fact, this Acer Aspire 3610 seems much better supported, since it's a little older. Icaros boots straight into the native 1280x800 resolution, ethernet and wireless both work, sound and music work, USB works, the internal HDD partitions show up and are accessible, movies work with audio and subtitles...

I'm posting this from Origyn Web Browser, which has full CSS support and renders this site and every other site I've tested including YouTube, FaceBook and MySpace (although inline flash videos don't work yet, but they can be played through MPlayer).

I don't think I'll ever need to boot back into Linux on this PC again, Aros does everything I need for daily use. IRC and MSN (with SabreMSN and WookieChat) work perfectly for chat, OWB works perfectly for browsing the web, MPlayer plays movies, and there are plenty of games and emulators on here.

By the way, I have been playing the first commercial game available for Aros, "BOH", and it's great fun Kind of like Alien Breed but with gameplay and perspective similar to Seek & Destroy.

Page generated in 0.26754 seconds with 11 queries