View Single Post
Old 02 January 2017, 10:00   #1
jarp

Any way to flush HDD buffers to disk?

Hi! Is there any way I can flush all unwritten changes / buffers / whatever to the HDD before I shutdown or reboot OS3.x? I tried to google around and found pretty much nothing except "just wait few seconds after HDD led has stopped blinking" and on top of that Aminet seems to be down so I cannot search.

I am asking because after I got Vampire 600 it seems waiting few seconds no longer is enough. I need to wait few minutes(!!!) to make sure that everything gets written to the HDD. Not sure if this is a bug in Apollo Core or if it's just because of bigger memory available thus bigger buffers?

As end result I've been installing, re-installing, re-installing, configuring, re-configruring, re-configuring the same software again and again because NOTHING goes to the HDD if I do not wait for minutes. Quite bizarre experience, really. I also just experienced my first total HDD corruption, I bet it's because I rebooted on very wrong moment. Luckily I've got backups and it seems pfsdoctor was able to fix the problem also...

Thanks in advance!

Page generated in 0.09522 seconds with 11 queries