View Single Post
Old 22 August 2019, 18:06   #4
EzdineG

TF534 and Buddha ide

Hi, it is a shame how some of these things go. I understand and empathize with your situation, as they could have been handled much better.

If you are capable of minimal soldering, this is what I’d recommend.

1. Desolder either the TF534 or IDE2SD connector and solder in the opposite of the other’s connector so they can be plugged directly in to each other. This will give you the shortest possible IDE link, and you can then extend the SD card as far as you’d like since they’re typically buffered.

2. Install the latest muLibs onto your 3.1.4.1 updated system. This will dramatically increase the TF IDE speed (I’ve seen as high as 5MB). Yes, this will eat RAM, but you will install more in the Z2 space later.

3. Replace your TF534’s oscillator with a 40mhz version. I have built several TF, TK cards, and two of these specifically, and I can find ways to crash, corrupt, etc. them at any higher than 40mhz. I suspect the issue is somewhere between the designated RAM and IDE timings. Yes, these cards can “seem” stable at 50mhz, but rest assured most are not. Yes, I’ve even used genuine 50mhz chips. Don’t be fooled.

Try these steps with all additional hardware removed, and then start adding things back in when your system stabilizes. You might even try your 50mhz oscillator once things are as they should be.

[edit] Yeah, I meant empathy.

Last edited by EzdineG; 23 August 2019 at 14:13.

Page generated in 0.04333 seconds with 11 queries