View Single Post
Old 29 August 2019, 02:54   #18
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
P9 connector, this is one half of the old AT standard of power supply connector. This is intended, generally, on the Amigakit adapter to be plugged into a Mediator tower version busboard. Which they should have put that connector on the Desktop version of the busboard too, but didn't, grumble, grumble, <more unintelligible grumbling lasting 25 minutes>
Hahahaha!! Ahhhhhh...okay. For that and help with the A4000T, I'm guessing. I know about those not angry grumbles...I also create new words at times. Fun to do...better than F-bombing. Others laugh also when they hear it. I see, I was incorrect about which is P9.. Cool! Leaning shhhtufff is fun. I "see" 0 difference in P8 and P9 other than color coded volts. Hmm...

Took a split moment for me to recognize what they are for. I've been using a magnifier to see the connectors. I haven't pushing with a pen or anything else yet to get the wires free. Examining to understand first.

Quote:
The P9 is the white connector with three red wires that you have a a black arrow pointing at in your picture. The big black connector with the A4000 and Amigakit on it in your picture is the ATX connector. Which I guess the ATX connector housing is um female, but the pins that go into it are male. The ATX power supply cable has a 'male' connector but female pins.
Cool, cool. The male/female reference was connecting the ATX connectors...not the pins. It was also a word-play, I do that a lot with a lot of stuff. So do people I hang with. I'll explain it later...perhaps? I went with it all pretty well, that was cool.

Again, really, really appreciate the help. I was really considering the wires removal from the P9..since they're the same size and should be same current as the others, but...when it comes to electronics and lots of details - Dazzzzz not always accurate and there could be tiny details I'm unaware of.

My A4000D motherboards have been recapped and one needed a lot of repairs. Both have replaced PSU motherboard connectors. So, all done there. Haha, I sure have seen the word-bomb coming since my comments. Ha.

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 29 August 2019 at 03:08.

Page generated in 0.04569 seconds with 11 queries