View Single Post
Old 28 August 2019, 01:40   #5
AC/DC HACKER!

Innnnnteresting thread. I'm now considering the same PSU as Reflex has. Though I just bought this StarTech 300 Watt ATXPOWER300. My A4000D boots fine..

A4000D
Picasso 4 (IV)
CyberStormPPC @375 / zer060 @ 60.5. 128MB RAM.
CyberVisionPPC
BigRAMPlus (256MB)
X-Surf 100 - Z3 enabled.
DataFlyer with a Zip Drive 100 connected to it.
SCSI2SD V6 connected to CSPPC's SCSI.. Only powered by SCSI (so far).
IDE CompactFlash.. powered by ATX..
Amiga Floppy.

The ATX is connected to the Amiga-Kit adapter with the power switch added.

Everything seems to be functioning very well except for when I use the CyberVisionPPC to play Payback PPC, Wipeout 2097 or ShogoMAD...and let them run for over 30 minutes. The CVPPC has a fan of it, which is powered by the ATX PSU also.

I bought the ATX to replace the original Amiga 4000 PSU...of course. If I reconnect everything to the functional Amiga PSU it all functions as it should, and without any PPC crash or 68K controller crashing..in the background from a PPC game.

I'm not real voltage savvy and I don't have any equipment to check it. The handle comes from the 80's and so on when I was into the band, and into some code. So I'm wondering if the Amiga-Kit connector https://amigakit.amiga.store/product...roducts_id=615 is not completely connected correctly? OR...am I missing something I don't fully understand? I read this thread a couple times, but I'll read again after submitting this.

Any clues? Ask whatever...and I'll do my best to answer.

I have an A4000T (yes, not an A4000D in a tower) and it's connected to a DA series DIABLOTEK 450W..and not any graphics board. I thought I'd give it a go, so when I connected it to A4000D the Picasso 4 didn't show my AmigaDOS menu but it was there, but did display for CVPPC. Then I saw the Picasso 4 Workbench, but the "brown/blank" screen bugged me, and I didn't want to have any possibility for the Picasso 4 to burn out..so I powered off, and disconnected that PSU.

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 28 August 2019 at 01:50.

Page generated in 0.06337 seconds with 11 queries