View Single Post
Old 05 September 2012, 19:39   #211
Mustangjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Both are there: Internal CF-card connector and a 3.5" IDE/Atapi connector.

The CF card connector is internal and it is not accessible from the outside. Only the 3.5" connector is accessible from the outside, along with a highspeed expansion port.

I am aware that some people are hoping to use the CF card slot as a "general data exchange port" with the PC, but I would like to discourage anyone from doing that. Since the CF card is used as a harddrive replacement, it should also be treated like a harddrive. Exchanging data with the PC should be done the "traditional" way, for example through network, serial or floppy disks. In addition to that, I'm thinking of a low-cost addon that allows exchanging data with a PC.

Jens
Thanks Jens. You are correct that using the ACA500 as way of exchanging data between the Amiga and PC is what I had in mind.

I agree that constantly removing your boot device to exchage data probably isn't the best thing to do. You certainly run the risk of data corruption and/or damage to the ACA500 itself. The problem with the "traditional ways" is that they are clunky and slow by todays standards.

I think the IDE/ATAPI connector will probably be good enough. Worse case scenario is that I connect a CDROM to the ACA500 and burn data CD's on the PC. Another option would be to pickup another CF card with an IDE to CF adapter, and then use that to copy data.

Can't wait to get my hands on one

Page generated in 0.24669 seconds with 11 queries