View Single Post
Old 10 November 2019, 22:32   #51
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
I just tried this... it's still not a good game, but it went from a unplayable mess to something that can be played. The game is too flawed to be really good, but at least now its possible to play it properly.

It's a game that, if made to use the amiga hardware properly and not move like an Atari ST game, could be really good. Some areas are very fun with tight spots to dodge bullets, but the jerky movement really kills it (coupled with lots of boring areas where nothing is happening too)

WHat really surprised me is that this was coded by Mick West, who did pretty good to excellent jobs with Darkman (Not a good game, but very well coded), Parasol Stars and Lethal Weapon.

It really seems Tiertex would suck down any talent from any programmer.
Agreed.. so far as I understand it, Tiertex tended to treat the Atari ST as the main platform, and then did their Amiga conversions as cheaply as possible - reworking the code as little as possible to make it run on Amiga hardware, without bothering to take advantage of sprites and such to make it run at an acceptable speed.

Page generated in 0.04146 seconds with 11 queries