View Single Post
Old 07 April 2017, 16:47   #3
Zippy Zapp

@Zetr0,

Thank you kindly for your experience! I am with you, I usually go like for like when I am replacing Through-Hole stuff. And I agree that with the TH stuff I don't see a problem not replacing them. My thoughts were that some people like to replace old caps even if they are not bad but just because they are old. If they used poly I would be curious the result.

Hey I like Panasonic too, it is usually my first choice followed by Nichicon and Rubycon mainly because I usually buy from Digi-Key, not because I know any better.

Since it doesn't seem like there is any harm going with full poly, except for some of the TH stuff in the A1200 that may not be available in poly, I am going to order a set, well probably multiple sets of poly caps to try it out. My only concern is size as some of the spots were caps go are on the tight side so an exact size replacement is going to be ideal.

This will be the first time I have replaced traditional electolytics with poly so I hope it goes ok. I am always nervous when it is a treasured computer. I have done many 20xx era power supplies, LCD monitors and a few older Macs with bad surface mount caps but not an Amiga yet so hopefully I don't screw it up!

Thank you for your comments and I will be updating when I get the caps and get time to replace them.

Page generated in 0.05965 seconds with 11 queries