View Single Post
Old 21 May 2018, 17:41   #16
turrican9

Sorry to bump an old thread but I have the same problems. Tried all kinds of Compact flash cards. Even the Sandisk Ultra 8GB that came with the Furia will not be stable with this accelerator. It can be stable for a few hours then suddenly it happens. Somtimes it happens at coldboot where Classic workbench will not start first try. Last thing I tried was to use PFS3 file system on the Sandisk card and still the same random lockups or crashes. btw, I did not notice much speed difference between FFS and PFS3. Some people are talking about PFS3 as if it makes a huge difference. I know it supports large drives but 4GB is really enough for me. I think I will just stick to FFS. I never had any problems with FFS on any of my other Amigas. Also, looking at PFS3 made no difference with regards to stability or noticeable speed improvement over FFS on this Furia setup.

Finally gave in an ordered an IDE to SD adapter and a 8GB Sandisk SDHC card. I read that people using SD cards with the Furia has no problems. I really think the Amiga shops selling the Furia should offer SD card setups to go with it.

Page generated in 0.06299 seconds with 11 queries