View Single Post
Old 16 January 2015, 13:53   #3
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

Thank you for your reply. I will look into the NetBSD source.

Sonnet programming is really about knowing how to program the TSi107 (or MCP107) chipset.

The current knowledge I have regarding PCI address space: The current window is set to 512MB in Z3 space (with a jumper) and is setup using the MMU (I think) from 0x60000000 to 0x80000000. Most PCI memory is set up to be in the 0x60000000 to 0x80000000 range by the Mediator except for ROMs like the Voodoo ROM space which is going to the 0x40000000 to 0x60000000 range, I think (could be wrong here, I’m at work). Second jumper on mediator is set to ROM space before Config space (as is obvious from the above).

The mediator itself (through the PCI library) sets up a memory range in the unused VooDoo GFX memory which can be addressed from the Amiga. Currently it is 3 MB located around 0x6D000000. I use this memory for access. The question is of course, can the Sonnet access this space through the Mediator (without translation/certain MMU setup).

Regarding bus mastering: There is a third (unused) jumper on the Mediator noted as Master and according to the Mediator documentation it has to be changed when using a SharkPPC, but I’m not sure what it does (it doesn’t fix my problem anyway).

As maybe obvious from the above, I'm not too versed in MMU programming (yet) which I think is needed to set up PCI memory space correctly?

Thanks for the suggestions; I’ll come back here when I have further questions. I like a good puzzle, but I’m not certain if there is a solution :-)

Page generated in 0.04216 seconds with 11 queries