View Single Post
Old 17 December 2013, 15:23   #50
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty90seven View Post
Hi Frode, thanks for FS-UAE. I have recently discovered it, and like its slick interface, for use in home media PCs, and its other points of difference from WinUAE, such as its curvature shader.
Excellent

Quote:
1. Save-states - during the game, could you assign a hot-key (such as numeral 1) to open up save state 1, instead of having to press F12 to open the menu and then navigate to the save state?
I'm hesitant to do this by default, since that would interfere with Amiga software requiring you to use the keys in question. Something like F12 + 1 is of course OK (perhaps that's what you meant). I'll probably add more shortcuts in the future. Until then, you can actually configure this yourself.

Code:
keyboard_key_1 = action_restore_state_1
See http://fs-uae.net/input-mapping and http://fs-uae.net/input-actions for more details. You can put these options in custom settings in FS-UAE Launcher.

Quote:
2. When you open a save state, or boot from one, the screen remains blank for at least 10 seconds but you can hear the music of the game playing. In other words the game is running but you can't see it during this time (say about 5 seconds). Can you implement faster booting save states?
I have never seen this issue. For me, save states have always loaded instantly. This must be a bug of some kind. Does the screen appear after 5-10 seconds (or so) by itself if you don't touch anything?

Quote:
3. I like the curvature shader, but think it needs to be combined with some slight blur to fully emulate a CRT. I combine it with scanlines, but I also think it needs some slight blur. Obviously there are plenty of shaders out there but it would be of assistance if in the instructions an example could be provided of the command to type to load a shader.
I should create an official doc page for shaders on fs-uae.net, but until then, this forum thread contains the information you need. I don't create these shaders myself (apart from some new scanline shaders I have been playing with in the dev versions), the bundled ones are open-source shaders from the net. It should be relatively simple to modify the curvature shader to for example add some horizontal blurring to the Amiga output before it is processed further.

Quote:
4. I saw reference in August 2013 posts in EAB to a 'Game Center'. I also note that FS-UAE Launcher is also called or had its name changed to FS-UAE Arcade. I am confused as to whether Game Center still exists or whether it is one of these variants such as FS-UAE arcade.
It is actually FS-UAE Game Center which is renamed to FS-UAE Arcade. If you download the development version, you'll also get FS-UAE Arcade (only works in combination with the online database). You can safely install the development version, it is quite good

Quote:
5. I am not sure if you can navigate to a completely different floppy and reset FS-UAE to boot from that floppy. Ie swap from one game to another.
This use case is not currently covered by FS-UAE (unless you happened to have the other game disks added to the floppy swap list).

Quote:
6. It would be could if you could click on a .USS file and have that file load up the save state, such as in WinUAE.
It is slightly complicated, as FS-UAE has config which is not stored in the save state itself. So for the foreseeable future, FS-UAE probably will not support this.

Quote:
7. When FS-UAE loads up or when you boot from a save-state, it would look smooth if there was a fade-in effect. I see that you have implemented a fade-out effect when you quit the emulator.
I actually did this a while ago . Check out the development version -It only does it on startup btw, I guess it could be somewhat annoying with save states if the state loads right into some heavy action.

Quote:
Thanks again for making FS-UAE. I am really enjoying it and its now my Amiga emulator of choice.
Glad to hear it

Page generated in 0.04441 seconds with 11 queries